Friday, August 17, 2012

7 Habits and the Bible

We began Leader In Me-- a 7 Habits study by Steven Covey, this year at work. The plan is to implement and teach the students the seven habits throughout the year.
I believe Covey's work is beneficial but, you know, His Word has been saying the same thing since the beginning of time. "Be ye kind...", "Humble yourselves...", "Seek you first the Kingdom of God...", etc.
Living Kingdom Life love by following Jesus' commands from the Sermon on the Mount is really all we need to know regarding how to treat others. Covey's work is not revolutionary but maybe it is more readily welcomed since The Word convicts hearts.
One thing the study has done for me is to remind me of God's truths and make me dig in His Word for the correlations. I am thankful I serve a God who IS revolutionary...who came way before Covey, to teach me how to live. Not only was His a life lived by example, but a life sacrificed to cover me of my shortcomings and sins.
"I am redeemed. He set me free!"

No comments:

Post a Comment