Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Proof

This morning, after a ridiculously stressful yesterday, my son (Justice) shared with me a phrase that I won't soon forget:
"Instead of living to prove others wrong, live to prove God right!"

I spend too much time & energy trying to prove others wrong. There've been so many occasions of this wasteful practice, that I'm really known for such an attitude. I'm known as the girl that will do whatever it takes (sometimes out of spite) just to make another person have to eat their words. I'll work harder, be tougher, and shamefully I've even cheated (mainly at some silly game) just to prove a naysayer wrong. How very sad that my energy is consumed by negative behaviors.

I will admit, I love to win. I like to be right. I want to be successful. I don't think there is anything wrong with this, except the attitude behind my motivations. What purpose is being served? Who is getting the glory?

On the other hand, what if I lived everyday to prove God right? What if I lived my life set apart, showing others how amazing HE is? My words would be kind, uplifting , and full of grace... My attitude would be merciful, sweet, and understanding... My behavior would cause others to know that I am somehow different & therefore want to know why... Then GOD gets the glory & those that come into contact with me see a glimpse of Him.

My heart is convicted. I really desire to live this way each day! Thank you son!!

No comments:

Post a Comment