Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Phony Blog-Life

Just the other day I saw a blog post about how bloggers typically portray the "rosy" portions of their lives. Many times the persona depicted through the blogger's posts are the positive, intelligent, and kind actions or thoughts.
Well, I'm not exempt, I guess. I realize I do this as well.
The raw facts are that I am a big time sinner saved by big time grace. I make stupid mistakes, say inappropriate things, partake in activities that are unbecoming to a Christian, and basically need constant forgiveness. My life isn't rosy except maybe the thorny-part of the bush. It's a shame at my choices sometimes. Convictions and guilt quickly follow my actions but stupidly, I fall in the same way- again and again. Why? I wished I knew.
The truth is ugly but there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment